NC Slides Deeper Into Stupid

John Thomas8

Re: NC Slides Deeper Into Stupid

Post #81 by John Thomas8 » December 16th, 2013, 9:25 pm

It takes a special sort of stupid to say things like that.

John Thomas8

Post #82 by John Thomas8 » January 14th, 2014, 7:32 pm

art pope's whipping boy, pattie mccrory, said something intensely stupid in public last weekend:

North Carolina Republican Gov. Pat McCrory said over the weekend that he was forced to cut funding for long-term unemployment insurance to stop “migration” for the “very generous benefits.”

In a fact check on Monday, WRAL looked at McCrory’s claim and determined that it was highly unlikely that many people moved to North Carolina for unemployment benefits because at least six months of work are required in the state before being eligible.

7rob7

Post #83 by 7rob7 » March 14th, 2014, 11:00 am

[center]NC Mom Says School Is Blaming The Victim By Banning Bullied Son’s ‘My Little Pony’ Bag[/center]
School officials in North Carolina have barred a bullied boy from bringing his “My Little Pony” lunch bag to school.

Fourth-grader Grayson Bruce said he understands why other students tease him for liking the cartoon, which promotes the idea that “friendship is magic.”

“Most of the characters in the show are girls, and most of the people put it toward girls, most of the toys are girlie, and surprisingly I found stuff like this?” Grayson said.

But he said classmates have taken their enforcement of gender norms “too far” by punching him, pushing him down, and calling him names.

The 9-year-old’s mother wants those students to be punished, but the school has instead asked Grayson to stop bringing the “Rainbow Dash” bag to school because it’s “a trigger for bullying.”

“Saying a lunchbox is a trigger for bullying is like saying a short skirt is a trigger for rape,” said the boy’s mother, Noreen Bruce. “It’s flawed logic; it doesn’t make any sense.”
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

7rob7

Post #84 by 7rob7 » April 8th, 2014, 4:37 pm

[center]NC Billboards Suggest Jesus Wants ‘Holy War’ With Gays Over ‘Sexual Perversion’[/center]
Billboards in one small western North Carolina town have residents asking if Jesus wants a “holy war” against LGBT people because of their “sexual perversion.”

WLOS reported that residents of Clyde began noticing the bright red and white billboards last week.

“Coexist, tolerance, sexual perversion?” one billboard asks. “God says ‘NO!’”

The billboards also quote Bible verses from Revelation, Isaiah and Corinthians. The passage from Revelation warns about a church that has been so severely compromised by sexual immorality that he shows them a sword, and threatens divine judgement. Many Christians believe that the Corinthians passage also condemns homosexuality.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

7rob7

Post #85 by 7rob7 » April 23rd, 2014, 3:42 pm

[center]Girl In Pants Ejected From North Carolina Prom For Violating Non-Existent Dress Code[/center]
A high school senior in Cherryville, NC said that she was kicked out of her school’s prom for wearing pants.

Shafer Rupard and her friends are students at Cherryville High School and on Saturday night, they attended the school’s prom. WBTV reported, however that Rupard had only just arrived when a school administrator approached her on the dance floor.

“The teacher tapped me on the shoulder and said she had a problem with what I was wearing,” said Rupard to WBTV. “I thought it was because of the hat or the leather jacket and I was like well I’ll take those off and she was like no, it’s the pants.”

Add this to the cop trying to grab that family's cell phones so she wouldn't get videoed, and Teh Stoopid has been having a Tar Hell Hootenanny!

StayPuft

Post #86 by StayPuft » April 28th, 2014, 5:24 pm

It probably is a trigger for bullying. The same way miniskirts are a trigger for rape, and a baby's candy is a trigger for theft.

:crazy:
Liberty and natural resources are inversely proportional to population density.

7rob7

Post #87 by 7rob7 » April 29th, 2014, 12:08 pm

Aaaaa!!! Death Panels!!!! Help!!!

[center][bbvideo=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6BFAqk174c[/bbvideo][/center]

7rob7

Post #88 by 7rob7 » May 17th, 2014, 8:03 am

[center]New General Assembly Rules Would Limit Moral Monday Protests[/center]
A North Carolina General Assembly committee passed new rules governing public access to the Legislature on Thursday; rules that would have a direct impact on the Moral Monday protests.

The protests brought thousands of people to the legislative sessions in 2013 who were opposed to the Republican agenda. But the demonstrations frustrated legislative leaders as hundreds of people jammed the legislative complex.

The new rules, which were changes to existing rules, were passed Thursday by the Legislative Services Commission. The committee had not met since 1999, and the rules had not been altered since 1987.

The committee includes eight Republicans and two Democrats, and the new rules passed by a voice vote.

"It's not directed specifically at the protesters," said committee chair Tim Moore, a Republican. "These rules were last updated in 1987. They really needed to be addressed."

But Rep. Larry Hall, A Democrat and the House minority leader, said, "This is not regarding safety. This is limiting people's ability to have their voices heard."

The new rules do not allow groups to "disturb, or create an imminent disturbance," at the General Assembly.

"Smaller government," my ass.

7rob7

Post #89 by 7rob7 » May 19th, 2014, 10:10 pm

[center]N.C. Bill Would Make It A Felony To Disclose Fracking Chemicals[/center]
People who disclose confidential information about hydraulic fracturing chemicals in North Carolina would be subject to criminal penalties and civil damages, under a bill in the state Legislature.

The "Energy Modernization Act," which was introduced yesterday, would make it a Class I felony to disclose trade secrets related to hydraulic fracturing, while spelling out how the information is supposed to be provided to emergency workers. Class I is the lowest-level felony, punishable by a few months' imprisonment.

"It is very concerning," said Hope Taylor, executive director of Clean Water North Carolina. "That could have a very chilling effect on folks in the agencies who want to help emergency responders."

It's the latest twist in North Carolina's quest to write rules allowing drilling and fracking for natural gas. The state has a potential shale field called the Deep River formation, but it passed a moratorium on development until it can establish regulations to control the industry.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

StayPuft

Post #90 by StayPuft » May 29th, 2014, 9:28 am

Know any teachers who want a job with fair pay? https://houstonisd.wufoo.com/forms/nc-h ... tion-2014/

StayPuft

Post #91 by StayPuft » May 29th, 2014, 9:30 am

John Thomas8 wrote:art pope's whipping boy, pattie mccrory, said something intensely stupid in public last weekend:

North Carolina Republican Gov. Pat McCrory said over the weekend that he was forced to cut funding for long-term unemployment insurance to stop “migration” for the “very generous benefits.”

In a fact check on Monday, WRAL looked at McCrory’s claim and determined that it was highly unlikely that many people moved to North Carolina for unemployment benefits because at least six months of work are required in the state before being eligible.

I agree migration was not likely. We did have excessive benefits though, and he was forced to stop it.

Bev Purdue was a terrible governor.

optimusprime

Post #92 by optimusprime » May 31st, 2014, 7:06 am

[align=center]NC Senate Proposes Closure of Elizabeth City State[/align]
[align=center]A North Carolina Senate budget proposal recommends the closure of ‘small, unprofitable’ colleges and universities, and specifically names Elizabeth City State University to be dissolved. From the budget proposal:

The Board of Governors of The University of North Carolina shall study the feasibility of dissolving any constituent institution whose fall full-time equivalent student enrollment declined by more than twenty percent (20%) between the 2010-2011 fiscal year and the 2013-2014 fiscal year and shall develop a plan for its dissolution.

.....[/align]
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~ Malcolm XImage

7rob7

Post #93 by 7rob7 » May 31st, 2014, 10:12 am

Art Pope strikes again. ECS has been in the wingnuts' crosshairs for a while now, seen as low-hanging fruit no one would miss as the dissolution of education -- especially higher learning -- in NC picks up intensity.

7rob7

Post #94 by 7rob7 » May 31st, 2014, 12:46 pm

[center]North Carolina Church Leader Arrested For Multiple Sex Crimes Involving A Child[/center]
The men’s ministry leader at a church in North Carolina has been arrested for multiple sex crimes against a girl over the span of four years.

Joseph Robert Hall, 62, in Gastonia was arrested Wednesday night on 14 different child sex charges.

Hall was charged with first degree rape of a child, first degree sexual offense of a child, second degree rape, second degree sexual offense, four counts of indecent liberties with a child, three counts of statutory rape, and three counts of statutory sexual offense, according to the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office.

He is currently serving as a men’s ministry leader at Restoring Hope Foursquare Church in Dallas, North Carolina. He leads a group called Men of Valor.

optimusprime

Post #95 by optimusprime » June 7th, 2014, 10:59 am

Now we have a $60 million Medicaid shortfall. This goes with the general shortfall as a result of the new state tax structure, the school teacher raise situation, which they still have not figured out how they are going cover. Add in the food stamps cuts, opting out of Obamacare, cuts to the UNC system, cut to many social programs, cuts to reimbursements to local governments.... They have really messed up the state royally. As we drown, all they are doing is running around singing the same old "no new taxes' song. Most folk would rather pay more than to go through all of this.

Federal regulators have rejected a plan from Gov. Pat McCrory’s administration to tax some managed-care Medicaid providers as a way to draw down more federal money for the state budget.

The result is a $60 million hole in the Medicaid budget that McCrory acknowledged Tuesday – and some angry state senators who included the maneuver in the spending plan they approved last week.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/03/ ... rylink=cpy
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~ Malcolm XImage

The Oracle

Post #96 by The Oracle » June 11th, 2014, 1:42 pm

optimusprime wrote:Now we have a $60 million Medicaid shortfall. This goes with the general shortfall as a result of the new state tax structure, the school teacher raise situation, which they still have not figured out how they are going cover. Add in the food stamps cuts, opting out of Obamacare, cuts to the UNC system, cut to many social programs, cuts to reimbursements to local governments.... They have really messed up the state royally. As we drown, all they are doing is running around singing the same old "no new taxes' song. Most folk would rather pay more than to go through all of this.

Federal regulators have rejected a plan from Gov. Pat McCrory’s administration to tax some managed-care Medicaid providers as a way to draw down more federal money for the state budget.

The result is a $60 million hole in the Medicaid budget that McCrory acknowledged Tuesday – and some angry state senators who included the maneuver in the spending plan they approved last week.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/03/ ... rylink=cpy

How many of those items actually affect us?

For me..... none. My kids were already paying huge tuition increases. Don't use Medicade. I haven't had a raise in years. I feel for the teachers. Who have the same options I do. Food stamps and social programs are cut; not eliminated. It's a strange world where, in my middle class world, people who can barely get by are forced to pay for those who could get by if they had to but don't want to. ;)

I'm not drowning. Neither are my kids. We've survived the sinking of an overloaded boat. We've swam to the surface and are clinging to a floating box in a sea of debris. Excuse me for not really caring about the other survivors. I really don't have that luxury right now. And people are clinging to my pants legs trying to tug me under.

I am not alone.

East of Here

Post #97 by East of Here » June 11th, 2014, 9:41 pm

The huge, pink elephant in the room is that this state is awash in cash. The problem is actually getting the legislature to spend it in the best interests of the state and the people, rather than manically shoveling it to their corporate/religious/political masters while screaming "POVERTY" at the top of their lungs...

The Oracle

Post #98 by The Oracle » June 17th, 2014, 8:42 am

speakin' of stupid........

"We think our enemies are idiots, and that’s a problem"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/postevery ... /?hpid=z10

The arguments here, such as they are, rarely grapple with the interlocutor’s alternate view of reality, let alone the merits of the point. Rather, they center on the other side’s deficient mental capacity, and all the ways that “you” are less reflective, less rational, less empathic and more biased than “I” (or “we”). In other words, we see our opponents’ minds — their capacity for reason, emotion, thought and desire — as less sophisticated than our own minds, a phenomenon my colleagues and I have termed the lesser minds problem.

I'd tend to agree. I believe that anti-global warming skeptics are stupid. Or hacks. And they arn't going to change. They're morons. They repeat 5 minute lines. Arguing against scientist who have studied difficult topics including math/science in general for many years. While they, themselves went to bars, lived in a frat, and took psychlogy, social science, and literature in school. :P

I'm not biased. ;)

optimusprime

Post #99 by optimusprime » June 17th, 2014, 9:00 pm

[align=center]NC GOPer: Unlike Blacks Or Hispanics, 'Traditional' Population Isn't Growing[/align]

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/thom-ti ... -americans
State House Speaker Thom Tillis (R-NC), the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in North Carolina, said that the "traditional" voting bloc of his home state wasn't growing like minority populations in an interview he did in 2012.

In that interview with the Carolina Business Review, Tillis, who is running to defeat incumbent Sen. Kay Hagan (D-NC), was asked what he thought of Hispanics not supporting Republicans.

"When you see all of these things that have transpired, what do you think about?" Carolina Business Review host Chris William asked Tillis.

In response, Tillis said that the answer had more to do with "demographics of the country."

"If you take a look, you mentioned the Hispanic population — the African American population, there's a number of things that our party stands for that they embrace," Tillis said. He went on to say that Republican need to do a better job reaching out to minority voters. Tillis then said that unlike the Hispanic or black populations, which have been growing, the "traditional population of North Carolina and the United States is more or less stable."

7rob7

Post #100 by 7rob7 » June 18th, 2014, 8:52 am

Dagnabbit! You got to get up pretty darned early in the morning to beat OP at posting the good stuff.

At least, that's the "tradition."

:twisted:

Return to “North Carolina”