Kay Hagan

optimusprime

Kay Hagan

Post #1 by optimusprime » October 6th, 2014, 9:51 pm

It was an honor to have Congressman John Lewis visiting North Carolina churches with me and David Price this weekend. -KH

Bill Bryan

Re: Kay Hagan

Post #2 by Bill Bryan » October 7th, 2014, 10:30 am

She's up in the polls and Tillis is on the defensive.

She's attacking and she still has a ton of money to spend, having wisely held off on spending it until now.

I've actually quit the campaign. The next open enrollment period of ObamaCare is coming up Nov. 15, and I have to make that my No. 1 priority from now until after it ends.

I don't feel guilty in the slightest about leaving the campaign. They have a lot of volunteers now. But I was there almost every weekend since the middle of May. I did my part.

I'm more worried about other races. It's really hard to believe Joni Ernst has a chance of being elected to the U.S. Senate. Jesus.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

mariaporter

Post #3 by mariaporter » October 12th, 2014, 5:51 pm

She's not terribly bright and all I ever hear from her is the same stupid talking points in her commercials. Not that Tillis is any better. I'll be voting for the libertarian candidate. Before anyone accuses me of "stealing" votes from either candidate, let it be known that I wouldn't be voting for either of these clowns if a 3rd option wasn't available.
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. Sell not liberty to purchase power." -- Benjamin Franklin

7rob7

Post #4 by 7rob7 » October 13th, 2014, 2:39 am

Given a choice between a republican and a republican, the people will always vote for the republican.

Hagen is no more a democrat than Obama is, but she's a damn sight better than any of the alternatives.

Once we're allowed to vote for Green Party candidates without our votes being thrown in the garbage, maybe then we'll actually make some progress in this state... at least politically.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

mariaporter

Post #5 by mariaporter » October 17th, 2014, 7:19 am

I heard that Kay Hagan used stimulus money to buy a rubber stamp factory for Obama!!!
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. Sell not liberty to purchase power." -- Benjamin Franklin

optimusprime

Post #6 by optimusprime » November 2nd, 2014, 8:25 am

[bbvideo=425,350]http://youtu.be/W73ydd4nNcM[/bbvideo]

Bill Bryan

Post #7 by Bill Bryan » November 2nd, 2014, 6:05 pm

I did 76 doors yesterday. They gave me a neighborhood with mostly townhouses. Today the homes were spaced further apart and set back from the street, so I only managed to ring 50 doorbells in 3 hours. Tomorrow I'm not working, but Tuesday I'll be doing 9 to noon.

After Tuesday, I refuse to ring another doorbell for Kay Hagan. =; [-X I'll be around in 2016 for Elizabeth Warren, though! :xo
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

East of Here

Post #8 by East of Here » November 4th, 2014, 12:17 am

I don't think a whole lot of Tillis. And my perception of Hagan is that she is nothing more than a marionette for the real backstage Democratic Party string-pullers. But the worst thing is, whenever I see a Hagan commercial where she talks, it hits me that she looks, and especially sounds, just like Woody Harrelson's landlady in the movie "Kingpin".

clando

Post #9 by clando » November 4th, 2014, 10:19 am

Damn you, that wasn't a mental image I needed this morning. Just for that her is a picture of her so all the rest of you have to suffer through that mental image also..

7rob7

Post #10 by 7rob7 » November 4th, 2014, 8:50 pm

4:34 PM PT: Exit polls suggest a 49-46 Kay Hagan lead...

(from a "liberal" website I visit during elections...)

Bill Bryan

Post #11 by Bill Bryan » November 10th, 2014, 1:13 pm

She ran as a Republican Lite™.

She "distanced herself" from Obama -- she, who of all people in the Senate owed her seat to Obama's coattails in '08. She didn't have the guts to say "ObamaCare has been a good thing for the State of North Cackilacki and I'm proud I voted for it."

So she left her base behind. She gave reasons to vote against Tillis, but she never made the case why anyone should vote for Hagan.

I don't regret ringing more than 1,000 doorbells campaigning for her, because canvassing is fun and I did it for a good cause, even though it didn't work out. Crappy candidate, man.

The Friday before the election, they invited me to come see Bill Clinton. I declined. I don't want to meet Bill Clinton. I'd have nothing pleasant to say to him. 'Course, I'd crawl over broken glass to meet Michelle Obama. :D

Next election, I'll jump to canvass for Elizabeth Warren, if I get the chance. If it's Hillary, my question is going to be, "What has she done to support Obama lately?"
- President Barack Obama

7rob7

Post #12 by 7rob7 » November 11th, 2014, 5:34 pm

[img=center]http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1442/7722/original.jpg[/img]

mariaporter

Post #13 by mariaporter » November 12th, 2014, 8:21 am

7rob7 wrote:[img=center]http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1442/7722/original.jpg[/img]

Let's be honest - we'd be able to use this same comic if the "other" side had won.

Return to “North Carolina”