Voter Freedom Act of 2015 (HB 509)

mariaporter

Voter Freedom Act of 2015 (HB 509)

Post #1 by mariaporter » April 2nd, 2015, 5:17 pm

The voter Freedom Act of 2015 has officially been filed with the NC House.

It's not perfect, but it's a start. This bill reduces the amount of signatures needed to get on the ballot for non-establishment political parties and independents. It also reduces the amount of votes required in the general election to carry the signatures over to the next cycle. Hopefully this bill doesn't get bastardized by the time it makes it to a vote if it makes it that far.

I can't say I have a lot of faith, but I will ask my reps to vote yes on this.

http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLook ... illID=H509
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. Sell not liberty to purchase power." -- Benjamin Franklin

Bill Bryan

Re: Voter Freedom Act of 2015 (HB 509)

Post #2 by Bill Bryan » April 2nd, 2015, 8:15 pm

That looks interesting, Maria.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

optimusprime

Post #3 by optimusprime » April 2nd, 2015, 10:17 pm

How will this bill be received here and how much more ig'nant will our Governor look if he takes sad-sack Pence's stance.

And, will Jeb Bush try to use the NC vote to rehab his already dying run for the cellar of GOP votes.
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~ Malcolm XImage

mariaporter

Post #4 by mariaporter » April 3rd, 2015, 7:51 am

OP, not sure what the Indiana law has to do with NC's Voter Freedom Law. Wrong thread?
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. Sell not liberty to purchase power." -- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “North Carolina”