Syria and Chemical Weapons

clando

Re: Syria and Chemical Weapons

Post #21 by clando » September 9th, 2013, 5:48 pm

The Oracle wrote:Degradation of chemical munitions occurs. But the agents themselves are still highly toxic and lethal. Just not as lethal as they once were. Shelf life of chemical munitions may in fact be 100 years for many agents. Otherwise; the USA could just go into their stockpiles and throw them away at a dump.
Did you know that we simply dumped most of our chemical weapons into the Ocean? If I remember correctly something like 40 million tons of it. I'll go back and provide the reference where I read this later.

The Oracle wrote:Basically, the USA has decided....we're the deciders! OK to use bomblets, swords, lasers, drones, torture.....but not chemicals..........
Umm...I believe there is a world treaty on that subject that all but something like four countries signed with regards to not using chemical weapons.

The Oracle wrote:The global police world dominating military hegemony of the USA.
I will come back to this notion when I get time to post more.

Bill Bryan

Post #22 by Bill Bryan » September 10th, 2013, 7:31 am

I have a niece serving as a naval officer in the Med. I'm so hoping we don't get involved in this mess.

Who the hell are the sane and rational people in Syria who we're supposed to support? There aren't any. They're all nuts.

I think President Obama has lost his way here.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

The Oracle

Post #23 by The Oracle » September 10th, 2013, 8:12 am

We are not making citizens of the USA safer by attacking another sovereign nation. At least; that's my opinion of our involvement. We are actually making the USA less safe. All we really have is another warmongering president who by his election can make war.

I think President Obama has lost his way here.

He's doing terrible damage to the Democratic Party. He's shifting the focus of poor government from the House/Senate to his own office. Liberals are disenchanted with a warmonger who continues the old Gitmo ways. It's hard to imagine one year ago: the Republicans were their own worst enemy. Hillary was clearly a frontrunner for the next election.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We're seeing that now with Obama.

If, by treaty, most of the world has decided to rid their arsenals of chemical munitions. then some other part of the world can be the deciderer. How about Russia or China? Oh wait! They don't want military action. OK... Germany? Spain? Latvia? Brazil? The whole of South America?

In reality when you look around..... The United States of America is the only country actively making worldwide war. And continuing to want to make worldwide war.

:-bd

The Oracle

Post #24 by The Oracle » September 10th, 2013, 3:55 pm

OK... Russia and France are going to be the peaceful deciderers.

How will Obama's ego respond? McCain...... :sk: ..... is leading a group calling for an ultimatum. A 60 day ultimatum. Then we get to kick the shit out of Syria.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Return to “World”