Guidelines for Potty Mouths on NCFF

Bill Bryan

Guidelines for Potty Mouths on NCFF

Post #1 by Bill Bryan » March 27th, 2015, 10:37 am

Porque made a fair and balanced request:
Porque wrote:
Foggy wrote:OMB never took advantage of the 'word censor' built into this software. I have. That word can't be used on this forum now. :mrgreen:

I'm a little unclear on your concept. Does that mean you'll be supplying us with a list of unacceptable words so we'll know which ones to avoid? Or does that mean you and your software will make automatic corrections so we don't have to worry about this tiny-mind issue? \:D/

Both, of course. :hug:

I'll give you some simple (very simple) guidelines, and also set the automatic word censor if necessary.
It's already set for the m-word, the one with two letters 'z' and ends in 'ie', that's a religious slur against Muslims.

'Course, anyone who was a member of ENC back in the day is familiar with the word censor, except they had it all messed up, as was typical of everything ENC. That was the forum where you couldn't write about Dick Cheney or Moby Dick and Catus Magnus got in trouble for using the word 'niggardly,' but you could use any ethnic slur you wanted and nobody would try to stop you. Snorty got zapped when she mistyped and forgot the 'o' in 'country,' :lol: but more on that below.

Ethnic & Religious Slurs

Double plus ungood. I'm running a classy joint here. I don't want to see that word they use for Jews that rhymes with 'bike'. I don't want to see that word they use for Hispanics that rhymes with 'fix'. I don't want to see that word they use for Italians that rhymes with 'stop'.

This one is, of course, very easy to follow: Simply ask yourself, "Am I using a despicable ethnic or religious slur?" If so, refrain. :wag:

Cuss Words

I fuckin' love cuss words, 'specially the good ol' Anglo-Saxon cuss words. We're all grownups here, but of course in this great land of ours every 7 yr. old knows all the cuss words, even if they're not proficient in their use.

There are only two cuss words I don't allow, and both of them refer (most unpleasantly) to the femalian anatomy: the c-word that rhymes with 'hunt' and the t-word that rhymes with 'swat'. We have some ladies here. Let's pretend we're civilized and liberated males. Just on the forum, of course. You can say whatever you want in the privacy of your own home.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

Porque

Re: Guidelines for Potty Mouths on NCFF

Post #2 by Porque » March 27th, 2015, 11:02 am

OK, think I've got it.

If you don't mind, will you check my immediately-upcoming post on the German plane thingy; I think I'm within your parameters, but you're the better judge of that. :huh:

Porque

Post #3 by Porque » March 27th, 2015, 12:20 pm

BTW, I don't remember you being so angry at ENC. Certainly hope I haven't I haven't played a role in that increasingly-frowny face.

You must know it's going to be difficult riding herd on how people post (think 'snatch', 'poon', 'hairpie', 'gina' and such). Maybe if it continues to make you angry you should consider turning this into a blog. One man's opinion, don't you know? ;;)

Bill Bryan

Post #4 by Bill Bryan » March 27th, 2015, 4:26 pm

If you use those, I'm gonna sic mariaporter on you, and then you'll be sorry!

That whole part about pretending we're civilized and liberated males kinda flew by ya, huh? :smoking:

BTW, I don't remember you being so angry at ENC.

I don't remember you bein' a religious fanatic. Surely we haven't aged 8 years since 2007? :butt:
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

Return to “Forum Rules and Guidelines”