Help offered for life after service

optimusprime

Help offered for life after service

Post #1 by optimusprime » December 12th, 2015, 11:56 pm

A group of Veterans and Bank of America are aiming to help service members better prepare for life out of uniform by starting a free financial education resource online. ‪#‎ReintegrateStrong‬ ‪#‎RemainStrong‬ ‪#‎SoldierForLife‬

A group of veterans and Bank of America are aiming to help service members better prepare for life out of uniform.

The bank has started a free financial education resource online at BetterMoneyHabits.com.

The site is continually evolving, based on opinions from veterans, said Lewis Runnion, a former Army captain and current military affairs public policy director for Bank of America.

Runnion is no stranger to soldiers leaving Fort Bragg for the civilian world.

He's visited the post several times for hiring events and said he can relate to those getting out of the service today.

In the mid-1990s, when Runnion left his uniform behind, he said there wasn't much help for transitioning troops.

"While financial readiness was important, I don't think, frankly, we had the resources we have today," he said.

But even with the nation two decades wiser, Runnion said, there's plenty lacking when it comes to preparing troops for their new lives.

Just wanted to ensure that if Trump becomes POTUS, he does not take credit for what the VA has always done - place Veterans First!!
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~ Malcolm XImage

Bill Bryan

Re: Help offered for life after service

Post #2 by Bill Bryan » December 13th, 2015, 5:49 am

Request - include some fashion advice. When my dad got out of the Navy, he had no idea how to shop for clothes. He wore some of the most godawful polyester. #-o

Finances are important, but so are other things.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

optimusprime

Re: Help offered for life after service

Post #3 by optimusprime » December 13th, 2015, 9:25 am

Actually, they have classes and briefings for those subjects also.

My father still dresses like he is going to a work call. The grandchilds stay far, far away from him when we are at Disney - don't want to be associated with a guy that looks like he has come to fix every ride instead of relax. And, he always walk around in Drill Instructor mode. Not nice when one is in a restaurant -- we need more than five minutes to eat at Olive Garden.
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~ Malcolm XImage

Return to “Eastern N.C.”