'I've paid for it ever since': Troops who report sexual assault face retaliation

optimusprime

'I've paid for it ever since': Troops who report sexual assault face retaliation

Post #1 by optimusprime » May 18th, 2015, 9:03 pm

The Arkansas hotel room smelled of smoke, and the television news showed footage of troops on patrol in Iraq.

Lt. Col. Teresa James recalls that she focused on the screen's images, rather than on the senior officer who was raping her.

James, a member of the West Virginia National Guard, kept the attack a secret for six years. She was worried she would not be believed, and if she came forward, her career would be derailed.

But when she feared a junior officer might be the man's next victim, James decided it was time to do something.

"I've paid for it ever since," she said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ive-paid-for-it-ever-since-troops-who-report-sexual-assault-face-retaliation/ar-BBjV5nK
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~ Malcolm XImage

Porque

Re: 'I've paid for it ever since': Troops who report sexual assault face retaliation

Post #2 by Porque » May 18th, 2015, 9:17 pm

And THAT'S why we have Light Colonels.
They're capable of keeping their minds on the task at hand: in this case watching TV while being diddled. :-bd

Return to “Military”