Is This Woman’s Controversial Anti-Obama Halloween Display Over The Line?

Is This Woman’s Controversial Anti-Obama Halloween Display Over The Line?

Post #1 by optimusprime » October 11th, 2015, 7:46 am

Too far? [Read below]

Every year, there seems to be more and more news stories about people going “too far” with their Halloween decorations. I think this story might set the measuring stick for 2015…

A family in New Jersey have upset some in the community of Butler for decorating their home with what they say is an ‘anti-ISIS’ theme, using a hanging mannequin representing a United States soldier and a terrorist standing nearby wearing a mask of President Obama and brandishing a machete.

Behind the scene is a depiction of Jordanian pilot, Lt. Muath al-Kasaesbeh in a cage. He was horrifically burned alive by ISIS after being captured following the shooting down of his jet fighter earlier this year

The owner claims that “real horror is scarier than fake” and that they don’t like ISIS. I don’t like ISIS either. I also don’t see how politicizing Halloween makes you think anyone is going to get the point you’re trying to make, especially when you put your display up on 9/11.

You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~ Malcolm XImage

Re: Is This Woman’s Controversial Anti-Obama Halloween Display Over The Line?

Post #2 by 7rob7 » October 11th, 2015, 10:20 am

Right up there on par with this shit:

Auction Of Nazi, Klan Items Is Capitalism At Its Vilest
Just when you think you've seen it all in how-low-can-we-go South Florida, along comes this — a despicable auction featuring Nazi, Ku Klux Klan and serial killer memorabilia. Among the 300 items up for bid Sunday in a Cooper City warehouse: a slave collar, a gas valve purportedly from a Nazi death chamber and artwork by Charles Manson and John Wayne Gacy.

Going once, going twice...never again?

The organizer is calling it "The Ultimate Evil Auction." In my mind, it's the ultimate vile auction.

As I walked through the warehouse Friday, looking at prisoner patches from concentration camps, hooded KKK robes and the swastika-emblazoned gas valve, I felt nauseated. There were also Confederate and Nazi flags, weapons engraved with swastikas, and letters written by executed serial killer Ted Bundy.

Wonder which items Porkfat is bidding on… :sk:
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

Return to “Social Issues”