Wow, Gary Bettman Has To Be Happy

John Thomas8

Wow, Gary Bettman Has To Be Happy

Post #1 by John Thomas8 » June 26th, 2013, 5:36 pm

Dear overly anxious NHL fans: Stanley Cup Finals garnered best TV ratings since 1994. With 3.3 U.S. rating and just under 5.8 million viewers on NBC, hockey is fine

East of Here

Re: Wow, Gary Bettman Has To Be Happy

Post #2 by East of Here » June 26th, 2013, 8:58 pm

While the garden gnome may be happy, I am not convinced. Basically, the numbers were good because it was a matchup of 2 of the largest (and most historic US) hockey markets - both of which have won the cup in the recent past. Thus, you have a perfect storm. The only way you could have possibly had better viewer numbers was if somehow Toronto could have played Montreal (impossible because both are in the Eastern Conference) and ALL of Canada would have watched. However, if that had happened, NOBODY in the US would have watched. Thus, you may have some numbers, but you don't have a good indicator of overall sports popularity.

The Oracle

Re: Wow, Gary Bettman Has To Be Happy

Post #3 by The Oracle » June 27th, 2013, 8:25 am

I wonder how happy Carolina fans are going to be when Eric Staal comes back and plays 12 games before having surgery for an injury he recieved while playing kiddy games in Europe?

run on sentence.... run on......

Where's Janeybell! Come back darling!

Oh.... about Bettman.... Good for him. I tried to watch. I just wasn't invested. Does DVR'ing it count in the ratings?

Return to “Pro Sports”