Google Fiber coming to the Triangle

Bill Bryan

Google Fiber coming to the Triangle

Post #1 by Bill Bryan » January 29th, 2015, 9:30 am

Google Fiber bringing ultra-fast Internet to Triangle

Google officials said they will spend the coming months mapping where to run thousands of miles of fiber – enough to stretch from the Triangle to London and back, according to Slinger – using existing infrastructure where possible. No time frame was given for when actual construction of the network would occur or when Google Fiber would come online locally.

"It's going to take hundreds of construction crews and hundreds of installers," he said. "It may be a while before we get to your neighborhood, but we'll keep you in the loop."

During construction, Slinger said, Google officials will meet with area community, business and civic leaders to better understand community priorities and find ways for Google Fiber to speed achievement of those goals.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

The Oracle

Re: Google Fiber coming to the Triangle

Post #2 by The Oracle » March 20th, 2017, 2:34 pm

They are still working on it. The crews were back out on our road putting in individual lot, attachment points.

Bill Bryan

Re: Google Fiber coming to the Triangle

Post #3 by Bill Bryan » March 22nd, 2017, 11:11 am

Yeah, well, that's a good thing.

AT&T sent me an ad claiming they can deliver 1,000 Mbps (Time Warner Cable is giving me about 200), but if I change over and they don't deliver what they say, it's nothing but a ripoff. So I'm waiting to see if any of my neighbors fall for it, and what kind of speeds they're getting.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

Return to “Computers & Internet”