ObamaCare

Bill Bryan

Re: ObamaCare

Post #301 by Bill Bryan » November 19th, 2013, 6:15 am

Heh, heh. Not only is he feeding us false "facts" ... you'll notice he refuses to answer any questions about HIS insurance coverage. He also refused to admit that the specific lady I described is getting health insurance for the first time in her life at a very reasonable price. He refuses to admit ANY reality, and especially not HIS reality, when it comes to ObamaCare.

That's because he works for a large corporation and no doubt has health insurance provided by a group policy, and the plain truth is ObamaCare doesn't affect him one little bit, one way or the other. He's not paying a nickel for maternity coverage. He's not required to use the marketplace. ObamaCare means nothing in his life.

Except that he hates the President of the United States of America with a burning passion and is therefore forced to criticize everything he does. That's why he's whining about maternity coverage.

This is like the time he came to Politijab and tried the one about how President Obama can't speak intelligently without a Teleprompter. My peeps immediately posted a dozen YouTubes of President Obama speaking intelligently with no Teleprompter at all, including the time he took on the entire Republican caucus of the House for two hours and answered all their policy questions so devastatingly that Republicans were lamenting for weeks afterward that they'd had the meeting at all. My peeps proved conclusively once and for all that President Obama doesn't need a Teleprompter to speak intelligently.

So Jeffrey quit Politijab and went back to TFF. Then he started posting at TFF that President Obama can't speak intelligently without a Teleprompter. He made a Teleprompter joke on TFF this week, too. At TFF, they love reading that President Obama can't speak intelligently without a Teleprompter. Who gives a shit if it's a fucking lie? :lol:
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

The Oracle

Post #302 by The Oracle » November 19th, 2013, 11:37 am

What happens when the people with cheap policies need something major?

Can they go and find an ACA policy? Since pre-existing conditions are allowed?

clando

Post #303 by clando » November 19th, 2013, 2:01 pm

The Oracle wrote:What happens when the people with cheap policies need something major?

Can they go and find an ACA policy? Since pre-existing conditions are allowed?
Only during open enrollment periods. If you sign up before I think Dec 18th, your plan doesn't take effect until January 1st. There is an extended open enrollment period this year due to the initial launch, which will probably be extended because of all the problems. Going forward open enrollment will only be for a couple of months per year.

You will not be able to jump on and off of ACA policies as you need care.

John Thomas8

Post #304 by John Thomas8 » November 19th, 2013, 4:28 pm

Going forward open enrollment will only be for a couple of months per year.

Which is the way employer-provided insurance has worked forever.

clando

Post #305 by clando » November 19th, 2013, 6:53 pm

What people seem to continually forget is this is still private insurance. The market exchange is the only aspects run by the government.

JeffDeWitt

Post #306 by JeffDeWitt » November 21st, 2013, 12:18 pm

Foggy wrote:Heh, heh. Not only is he feeding us false "facts" ... you'll notice he refuses to answer any questions about HIS insurance coverage. He also refused to admit that the specific lady I described is getting health insurance for the first time in her life at a very reasonable price. He refuses to admit ANY reality, and especially not HIS reality, when it comes to ObamaCare.

I've stated that some people come out ahead with 0bamaCare, perhaps that lady is one of them (unlike the "success story" 0bama showed off on TV). My insurance coverage does NOT cover maternity, no reason it should as I can't get pregnant!

Foggy wrote:That's because he works for a large corporation and no doubt has health insurance provided by a group policy, and the plain truth is ObamaCare doesn't affect him one little bit, one way or the other. He's not paying a nickel for maternity coverage. He's not required to use the marketplace. ObamaCare means nothing in his life.

You should have put a "yet" in that statement. It doesn't effect me YET, 0bama put off the corporate requirement for a year, but then it DOES start affecting me and the many millions of Americans who get their insurance through their large employees... then it's really going to get ugly.

Foggy wrote:Except that he hates the President of the United States of America with a burning passion and is therefore forced to criticize everything he does. That's why he's whining about maternity coverage.

No, I don't hate the little man with a burning passion, but I DO hate what he is doing to our country. I'm not kidding when I say he's the worst leader North America has had since King George III.

Foggy wrote:This is like the time he came to Politijab and tried the one about how President Obama can't speak intelligently without a Teleprompter. My peeps immediately posted a dozen YouTubes of President Obama speaking intelligently with no Teleprompter at all, including the time he took on the entire Republican caucus of the House for two hours and answered all their policy questions so devastatingly that Republicans were lamenting for weeks afterward that they'd had the meeting at all. My peeps proved conclusively once and for all that President Obama doesn't need a Teleprompter to speak intelligently.

So Jeffrey quit Politijab and went back to TFF. Then he started posting at TFF that President Obama can't speak intelligently without a Teleprompter. He made a Teleprompter joke on TFF this week, too. At TFF, they love reading that President Obama can't speak intelligently without a Teleprompter. Who gives a shit if it's a fucking lie? :lol:

Hmmm.... yep I got a black eye at Politijab, that whole business with the meeting you are talking about is odd. 0bama was a university lecturer so it stands to reason he should be able to speak intelligently without prompting, but he does it so rarely that it's surprising when he's able to pull it off. Off the wall question, do you have a link to a video of that event? Now I'm really getting curious about it.

And I don't lie here (or on TFF), I might wrong at times or misstate things, but I'm not going to get on here and tell a like ("a statement known to be untrue made with the intent to deceive").

JeffDeWitt

Post #307 by JeffDeWitt » November 21st, 2013, 12:19 pm

clando wrote:What people seem to continually forget is this is still private insurance. The market exchange is the only aspects run by the government.

It's private insurance, but it's HIGHLY regulated by the government, which is why so few companies want anything to do with it and why the provider networks (and availability of doctors) is limited.

clando

Post #308 by clando » November 21st, 2013, 12:40 pm

JeffDeWitt wrote:My insurance coverage does NOT cover maternity, no reason it should as I can't get pregnant!
Any women work at your company? If they do then your insurance does cover maternity, just as your insurance covers urology services which women have no need for.

Foggy wrote:You should have put a "yet" in that statement. It doesn't effect me YET, 0bama put off the corporate requirement for a year, but then it DOES start affecting me and the many millions of Americans who get their insurance through their large employees... then it's really going to get ugly.
Umm...you clearly don't have even the most basic understanding of ACA if you are claiming things like this. What corporate requirement was put off a year???

Health insurance in this country has being getting ugly for several decades now. The entire point of ACA is to correct the individual markets and help provide reasonable insurance to some of the currently uninsured. It by no means solves all problems, but does take steps to address one of the worst health insurance areas (individual market).

Jeff DeWitt wrote:And I don't lie here (or on TFF), I might wrong at times or misstate things, but I'm not going to get on here and tell a like ("a statement known to be untrue made with the intent to deceive").
If true then you might want to seriously clean up your arguments against the ACA, because they are full of misinformed conjecture that has been proven to not be true.

clando

Post #309 by clando » November 21st, 2013, 12:51 pm

JeffDeWitt wrote:It's private insurance, but it's HIGHLY regulated by the government, which is why so few companies want anything to do with it and why the provider networks (and availability of doctors) is limited.
Private insurance is regulated by the STATES. The individual market is no more regulated than any other type of plans offered.

So few companies want anything to do with it? Are you talking about individual market insurance or insurance in general? Why would a company want to get involved in the individual market when they would be able to negotiate better rates in the group market, where they have traditionally done so? The ACA had nothing to do with employer insurance because there aren't that many relative problems with that market. The ACA was about the individual market, so I'm not sure why you want discuss companies and individual insurance markets together.

Regulation has NOTHING to do why provider networks are limited? Insurance companies make those determinations themselves. They restrict networks to drive members to preferred pricing providers as a means to control their costs. There is an article in the Washington Post today regarding exactly this...Insurers restricting choice of doctors and hospitals to keep costs down.

The use of networks by insurers are nothing new. Traditional networks were simply the providers that your insurance company had contracts with. They didn't want you see non-contracted providers because they had to pay whatever the physician charged. Insurers are now getting more complex with networks and putting them in tiers based on costs amongst their contracted providers. Again this is insurers looking to control their costs and has nothing to do with regulations.

Bill Bryan

Post #310 by Bill Bryan » November 21st, 2013, 2:02 pm

JeffDeWitt wrote:
clando wrote:What people seem to continually forget is this is still private insurance. The market exchange is the only aspects run by the government.
It's private insurance, but it's HIGHLY regulated by the government, which is why so few companies want anything to do with it and why the provider networks (and availability of doctors) is limited.

That is so funny!

I just had a webinar with the top guys at Blue Cross/Blue Shield this afternoon. They're the 800 lb. gorilla in North Carolina; other companies aren't participating in the marketplace yet because BCBS has 80% of all health insurance policies in the state. They don't have the market share to encourage them to participate, and some of them wanted to let the opening problems shake themselves out. They'll be joining the marketplace next year.

But the BCBS guys are and always have been wonderfully enthusiastic about ObamaCare. They're consistently upbeat about the future, even in the face of the problems that have hurt them far more than they've hurt any individual agent. There were 700 of us on the webinar today, and those guys were nothing but positive about the future of ObamaCare.

They told us we can start using the website now to enroll people. They've already gotten a few thousand apps online, and the pace is picking up. They said there are still problems and not as much progress as they'd like to see, but the trend is they are getting more enrollments with every passing day. They're not interested in rolling back the clock or impeding the operation of the law or any such thing.

They ARE the insurance company with the largest amount of health insurance policies in the state, and for Jeff to claim they don't want anything to do with ObamaCare is LUDICROUS. I'm listening to them talk about it every damn week, and they LIKE ObamaCare. Their only complaint is that it isn't happening fast enough.

Where in the world do you get such bizarre fantasies, Jeffrey?
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

clando

Post #311 by clando » November 22nd, 2013, 3:55 pm

Plan Cancellations to Hurt Few Americans

In the midst of controversy about canceled plans and their reinstatement comes a new report by the consumer organization Families USA: Only 0.6 percent of Americans under 65--about 1.5 million people out of 267 million--may lose their insurance and not qualify for financial aid to replace it with Affordable Care Act-compliant coverage.
Among the 5.7 percent of Americans insured in the individual market, 29 percent have family incomes above 400 percent of the federal poverty level and are therefore ineligible for tax subsidies, and only one-third of those are expected to stay in the individual market for more than a year. So only 0.6 percent of individual market insured Americans may lose their existing plans and not get financial help to replace them, the report found.

Individual plans cover about 15.2 million people, or 5.7 percent of the non-elderly U.S. population, and 71 percent of that population will qualify for reform subsidies or expanded Medicaid coverage, according to the report.

"The overwhelming majority of those people will obtain more affordable coverage under the healthcare law because they will be income-eligible for financial assistance to help pay for comprehensive insurance at a lower cost," the report concluded.

http://www.fiercehealthpayer.com/story/plan-cancellations-hurt-few-americans/2013-11-22?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal

7rob7

Post #312 by 7rob7 » November 22nd, 2013, 11:07 pm

[img=center]http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/record-health-care-spending-slowdown-coverage-obamacare-e1385138824297.png[/img]
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

John Thomas8

Post #313 by John Thomas8 » November 24th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Not surprizingly, that fat boy-boinking hate media professional lied again:

In Danny Westneat’s piece “Debunking Obamacare sob story,” the writer checked on the reversal of fortune claimed by Jessica Sanford, a Washington parent of an ADHD-diagnosed child, who had been touted by President Obama last month as an example of the success of the Affordable Care Act because she could obtain insurance for the first time in 15 years.

When Sanford said on a Facebook post that the state had miscalculated her eligibility for a subsidy based on her income and that she was “screwed,” the media pounced, particularly conservative outlets like Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.

However, Westneat’s examination revealed that Sanford’s son qualified for Medicaid coverage at $30 a month, which would have not been available before the ACA. “He has ADHD and, according to Sanford, it costs them $250 a month for prescription drugs alone. Which will now all be covered,” Westneat wrote. While Sanford had originally been quoted for coverage at $169 a month, a bronze-level policy for a 48-year-old woman making $49,000 costs $237 a month, while a silver-level policy costs $313, Westneat added.

It's like faux and pus get paid to lie.

The Oracle

Post #314 by The Oracle » November 25th, 2013, 7:19 am

I'm way past tired of seeing the anti-ACA TV commercials. The latest being the strawberry blonde lecturing us about how it's "so wrong".

Most blondes are completely fine with the ACA. The redheads; who knows. What's bothersome is the effort and wasted money going into the anti-ACA fight. Where's all that money coming from?

7rob7

Post #315 by 7rob7 » November 25th, 2013, 8:32 am

… anti-ACA TV commercials.

What? On the "liberal media"? How is that even possible?

- - - - - - -

In the same way that Thanksgiving reminds me how smart I was to become vegetarian, this kind of bullshit reminds me how smart I was to do like John Prine said and throw away the TV.

The Oracle

Post #316 by The Oracle » November 25th, 2013, 9:08 am

:lol:

\:D/

fuck yea!

John Thomas8

Post #317 by John Thomas8 » November 25th, 2013, 1:17 pm

The Oracle wrote:Where's all that money coming from?

Teahadits, lead by the koch brothers. They've spent more money undermining US governments at every level since 2009 than most countries spent in total over the same amount of time on everything.

It is quite obscene.

optimusprime

Post #318 by optimusprime » November 26th, 2013, 12:30 am

This, by the same clowns that shut down the government just for the hell of it.
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~ Malcolm XImage

John Thomas8

Post #319 by John Thomas8 » November 26th, 2013, 4:00 pm

The Oracle wrote:I'm way past tired of seeing the anti-ACA TV commercials. The latest being the strawberry blonde lecturing us about how it's "so wrong".

Most blondes are completely fine with the ACA. The redheads; who knows. What's bothersome is the effort and wasted money going into the anti-ACA fight. Where's all that money coming from?

I've seen that ad. It lacks anything approaching any truth in it. Funded by North Carolina's American (koch whores) for Prosperity (for old white guys only), a wholy owned by the koch brothers PAC dedicated to setting historical records for lying.

7rob7

Post #320 by 7rob7 » December 1st, 2013, 12:29 pm

[center]HealthCare.gov meets deadline for fixes, White House says[/center]
Administration officials announced Sunday that they had met their Saturday deadline for improving HealthCare.gov after completing a series of hardware upgrades and software fixes to the troubled Web site.

A progress report released Sunday morning by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said: “While we strive to innovate and improve our outreach and systems for reaching consumers, we believe we have met the goal of having a system that will work smoothly for the vast majority of users.”

Return to “Health & Healthcare”