ObamaCare

John Thomas8

Re: ObamaCare

Post #321 by John Thomas8 » December 2nd, 2013, 8:48 pm

Ya know, I keep seeing stories from faux or the rest of hate media about this or that individual that had lost their insurance because of the ACA. They roll out their "experts" that lie about what happened and the echo chamber is filled with poutrage.

Less than 24 hours later, every single one of those stories turns out to be.....false. It's up over 100 stories now and not one was accurate.

7rob7

Post #322 by 7rob7 » December 24th, 2013, 11:32 am

[center][bbvideo=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjGouBmo0M[/bbvideo][/center]
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

clando

Post #323 by clando » January 16th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Foggy, thought I would check back in with regards to how enrollment has been going.

Bill Bryan

Post #324 by Bill Bryan » January 18th, 2014, 9:50 am

It's been good lately. The website is "mostly" fixed, though some times it works better than others - and it still doesn't have a direct link to the BCBS website.

'Course, it didn't help that the word spread for months and months that ObamaCare was a failure and you couldn't enroll and it was too expensive and all the other lies, on top of the website problems. A lady I know had to spend ½ hr. last week watching Fox News (she was in a doctor's office) and the entire half hour was devoted to telling lies about ObamaCare. Last week! So you know the effort to sabotage and undercut the law by unethical methods is still going strong, which makes me wonder why DeWitt left and isn't here writing more lies about the law himself.

So anyway, what we did was we went back on the WRAL "Here to Help" show, and this time we got a lot of phone numbers of people from all over the place and started working them hard. Once some of them had signed up and got great coverage for an affordable price, they started to pass the word to their friends, and now people are pouring in. Mr. 7 and StayPuft have sent me some people, too. StayPuft sent me a lady who is drop-dead gorgeous and ought to be modeling. Thank you, StayPuft!

I think we made more in the last two months than we made in any one year running the flower shop. Godonlyknows how much we would have made if the website had worked the first day.

Still, we've enrolled a lot of people, and a significant percentage of them are single moms with jobs who haven't had health insurance. We've made the world a better place for them, and we're moving forward. We had a meeting with our supervising agency yesterday, and they're a little shocked at how many people we've managed to enroll. They're going to get us more training and get us working on small group policies when the individual enrollment period expires on Mar. 31. By then we'll be in position to sink some serious money into marketing.

Life is good. 8-)
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

clando

Post #325 by clando » January 18th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Glad to hear. I figured you would be fine following the initial difficulties. Just remember in Massachusetts the majority of people waited until the very end to sign up. I posted earlier that something like only 123 people total signed up the first month. I think you will see an even greater increase in enrollment in March as the enrollment period closes.

Ah, DeWitt and Guest CommonTater went back to TFF where no one questions their assertions about ACA. I occasionally stop and drop a few knowledge bombs on them when I'm over there making my sports picks, but it's mainly them smacking each other about all the "evidence" that Obamacare is a failure.

Bill Bryan

Post #326 by Bill Bryan » January 18th, 2014, 6:02 pm

My life is too bizzy to bother with TFF. That place is a godforsaken hellhole if there ever was one. Did Judy ever come back?
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

clando

Post #327 by clando » January 18th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Foggy wrote:My life is too bizzy to bother with TFF. That place is a godforsaken hellhole if there ever was one. Did Judy ever come back?
Nah, even she is too smart for that.

John Thomas8

Post #328 by John Thomas8 » January 18th, 2014, 9:54 pm

It's stunning, the lack of any discernible truth being posted over there. It's hard to find a place that disconnected from reality.

optimusprime

Post #329 by optimusprime » January 19th, 2014, 9:32 am

7rob7

Post #330 by 7rob7 » January 19th, 2014, 10:14 am

Meanwhile in Georgia, my baby sister -- she's in her early forties but she'll always be my baby sister -- now has health insurance for the first time in her life.

Thanks, Obama.

mariaporter

Post #331 by mariaporter » February 10th, 2014, 5:52 pm

Employer mandate delayed until 2016 - http://www.cnbc.com/id/101393331

I feel like they keep delaying aspects of this law and I can't help but wonder why. Are they trying to make this someone elses problem? Do they not have confidence in their own legislation? If it's so GREAT, why the delays?
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. Sell not liberty to purchase power." -- Benjamin Franklin

Bill Bryan

Post #332 by Bill Bryan » February 10th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Did you read the reasons they gave in the article? Do you not believe those for some reason you're not sharing?
- President Barack Obama

mariaporter

Post #333 by mariaporter » February 10th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Foggy, do you really think I believe anything the government says? Also, I notice that it is delayed so CONVENIENTLY after the next presidential election.

Also, I think this is my favorite quote:

And, a senior official noted when asked what legal authority the administration had to give the year reprieve to smaller businesses, "We've done it in a bunch of other areas."

It reminds me of an argument I had with a 5 year old recently.

*kid jumps on the coach*

Me: Stop jumping on the couch!

*kid waits 5 minutes and jumps on the couch again*

Me: What did I just say? Stop jumping on the couch!"

Kid: Well, I was allowed to do it BEFORE!
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. Sell not liberty to purchase power." -- Benjamin Franklin

John Thomas8

Post #334 by John Thomas8 » February 10th, 2014, 6:14 pm

I'm not too much thrilled by ANYONE that passes for being "in charge". Whether is this mess or companies purposely dumping polution into the drinking water supply or off-shoring jobs or over-paying lying, criminal CEOs, none of 'em have a moral standing to qualify for anything other than Dante's center ring of Hell.

clando

Post #335 by clando » February 10th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Was watching TV last night and ran across "The Rainmaker" with Matt Damon and Danny Devito, it's based on a John Grisman novel. If you want to be reminded of what the individual insurance market was like before ObamaCare you should watch the movie or read the book.

John Thomas8

Post #336 by John Thomas8 » February 10th, 2014, 10:02 pm

The health care system in the US might be the most obscene system implemented since WWII. The actual profits are obscene, the outcomes are obscene and the private death panels that have been in place for decades have killed more Americans than ALL terrorist attacks combined since 1945.

Bill Bryan

Post #337 by Bill Bryan » February 11th, 2014, 1:20 pm

mariaporter wrote:Foggy, do you really think I believe anything the government says? Also, I notice that it is delayed so CONVENIENTLY after the next presidential election.

Uhh, no.

It kicks in in October 2016. The presidential election is in November, 2016. November comes after October.

Every single category of company by size (except those with fewer than 50 employees) will have to offer insurance to 95% of their employees before the next presidential election.

That's a good thing. =D>
- President Barack Obama

mariaporter

Post #338 by mariaporter » February 11th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Foggy wrote:
mariaporter wrote:Foggy, do you really think I believe anything the government says? Also, I notice that it is delayed so CONVENIENTLY after the next presidential election.

Uhh, no.

It kicks in in October 2016. The presidential election is in November, 2016. November comes after October.

Every single category of company by size (except those with fewer than 50 employees) will have to offer insurance to 95% of their employees before the next presidential election.

That's a good thing. =D>

If it's so great why do they keep delaying it? I feel like the administration is running away from its own legislation. If it's good, stand behind it, own it and enforce it even if you are pissing people off. Stop with the delays. If they are trying to instill confidence in Obamacare, they are failing epically.

7rob7

Post #339 by 7rob7 » February 11th, 2014, 10:14 pm

Thanks, Pope, ALEC, and all the other TEAbag mothertruckers…

[center]Wide Local Variation in Numbers of Poor Uninsured Americans Who Would Be Eligible for Medicaid if States Opt for ACA Expansion[/center]
Based on current information, an estimated 4.4 million poor uninsured adults will become newly eligible for Medicaid in the 25 states and the District of Columbia that have opted to expand Medicaid; an estimated 5.8 million will not be eligible because they live in one of the 25 states that had not committed to expand Medicaid by January 2014 (state-level estimates are available here). Poor uninsured adults who would be newly eligible for Medicaid under the ACA expansion constitute 24.3 percent of all uninsured adults nationwide, and 21.2 and 27.2 percent, respectively, in the states that are and are not expanding Medicaid.

7rob7

Post #340 by 7rob7 » February 11th, 2014, 10:20 pm

That's a good thing. =D>

Yep. Anything that makes it easier for folks to comply with a new law -- especially when they've asked for the help -- is a good thing.

I'm always flabbergasted to see that the same people who insist a law is a bad law because it puts undue pressure on Americans tend to be the same people who whine the loudest whenever [s]Obama[/s] [s]anyone[/s] Obama does anything to alleviate said pressure. ](*,)

Return to “Health & Healthcare”