Since the country isn't facing any important issues ...

Bill Bryan

Since the country isn't facing any important issues ...

Post #1 by Bill Bryan » July 28th, 2013, 8:02 am

... instead of working on immigration reform, economic growth, or ending the sequester, the Republicans in the House this week ... the last week before the summer recess ...

... are going to [link]vote for the 40th time to repeal ObamaCare,http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/26/40th-obamacare-repeal-vote_n_3660999.html[/link]. :point:

An excellent [link]interview with Tom Coburn,http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/07/27/coburn-thinks-defunding-obamacare-is-a-horrible-idea/[/link]:

Q. What do you think of legislators who say that they’re willing to shut down the federal government over Obamacare funding?

Coburn: If you’re actually going to do that, and hold it, that’d be fine. The problem is that I know the strength of the backbone of the Senate and House, and as soon as the heat gets hot they’ll fall like wet suits.

They don’t have a microphone. Let me tell you what happens when you shut down the government: You start seeing the consequences. Who controls what is left operating? The president. As soon as the first Medicare bills go unpaid, where do you think the pressure will be? And what’s the likelihood the president will collapse on the most significant legislative accomplishment of his administration?

They have no idea, I was in it. I experienced it.

Q: What do you expect the Obamacare rollout to be like this October?

Coburn: I don’t know. What I do know is if you do say it's going to be terrible, terrible, terrible, as Republicans have been saying, and it’s only one terrible, it’s going to look good. We shouldn’t overhype things. We should just watch. The fact that they’re going to do everything they can to get as many people as possible to participate matters.

The more I look at it, the more I think it's going to be a messy, messy civil war among the Republicans this fall, beginning when they return from the August recess.

However, President Obama is going to be the ultimate winner.

May we live in interesting times! :rockon:
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

optimusprime

Re: Since the country isn't facing any important issues ...

Post #2 by optimusprime » July 28th, 2013, 8:41 am

Yes, Foggy, we do live in interesting times.

We are still waiting for Eric Cantor jobs. BTW, what is he up to these days :-k

Meanwhile, the Republicans are hell bent on playing out their civil war on all facets of the American public. Some have started what has been called "Operation Groundswell". Its promising to throw the dirt on the GOP coffin.
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~ Malcolm XImage

John Thomas8

Re: Since the country isn't facing any important issues ...

Post #3 by John Thomas8 » July 28th, 2013, 6:58 pm

We are still waiting for Eric Cantor jobs. BTW, what is he up to these days

I heard a rumour that he's screening Jesus Chainsaw Massacre against Ayn Rand's headstone, trying to conjure up that specific devil.....

Return to “Health & Healthcare”