User-Reported Issues With The Forum

John Thomas8

User-Reported Issues With The Forum

Post #1 by John Thomas8 » August 25th, 2012, 6:14 pm

Just some place to put whatever about how the board is functioning.

I'll be first and report that the topic reply e-mail notifications are working without a problem.

7rob7

Re: User-Reported Issues With The Forum

Post #2 by 7rob7 » August 26th, 2012, 7:13 am

Still not figuring out which is the [quote] button. When the Fogster tried to show me what it looked like, his image came out as that infamous blue square with a question mark inside.

Maybe it's a Mac/IBM thing?
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-08-26 at 7.12.02 AM.jpg
Screen shot 2012-08-26 at 7.12.02 AM.jpg (210.64 KiB) Viewed 2530 times
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

John Thomas8

Post #3 by John Thomas8 » August 26th, 2012, 8:27 am

On the third row of icons above the edit area, almost even with the emoties on the left, the third icon in is the quote button. Hovering the mouse pointer of the icons and pausing will allow the 1 or 2 word description to pop up.

Bill Bryan

Post #4 by Bill Bryan » August 26th, 2012, 9:03 am

Here are the main codes, and how to use them:

For more help with the fancy BBCodes:

"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

Bill Bryan

Post #5 by Bill Bryan » August 26th, 2012, 9:12 am

Here's how to float an image around your text:

Code: Select all

[img=float-right]http://ncfreeforum.com/styles/subsilver2/imageset/ncflag.png[/img]

Here's what it looks like:

[img=float-right]http://ncfreeforum.com/styles/subsilver2/imageset/ncflag.png[/img]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

7rob7

Post #6 by 7rob7 » August 27th, 2012, 6:34 am

Ah. Now I see it.

The resolution on the old TV we use as a monitor is so low I couldn't recognize the quote marks. Combined with not reading the verbal description when hovering -- why, I do not know -- and I was left all quizzical and sweaty and stuff.

Thanks. :-bd
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

Return to “Questions & Suggestions”