New Subforum?

East of Here

New Subforum?

Post #1 by East of Here » May 3rd, 2013, 10:51 pm

I'd like to see a "Hobbies' subforum under the General Interest forum. Mainly because I am working on several restorations (a vintage Schwinn Stingray and a couple of 19th century rifles) at the moment, and there is no subforum for discussing such things. Rather than shoehorn them in somewhere, I think it might be more organized to have one forum dedicated to various hobbies.

If it is not too much trouble, that is...

John Thomas8

Re: New Subforum?

Post #2 by John Thomas8 » May 3rd, 2013, 11:11 pm

New subsection? I wanted to babble about my hobby so much I have Foggy make me a whole website. He's actually quite good at it.

East of Here

Post #3 by East of Here » May 4th, 2013, 12:26 am

John Thomas8 wrote:New subsection? I wanted to babble about my hobby so much I have Foggy make me a whole website. He's actually quite good at it.

I checked that out. Good lord, that is a TON of effort and detail work! And that is just to get the pieces ready for the game. I knew people back in the day who collected and painted the small D&D type figures. However, I never had the patience to do such things correctly. Even basic plastic model kits gave me fits.

As for my purposes, a subsection would be sufficient. I am mainly into restoration projects (19th century rifles and the bicycle) now. And even then, I can only seem to do one thing at a time - and then, only sporadically as time permits. I am in the process of obtaining/building a workshop, and once that is done, I can mount my bench tools and maybe get something done more efficiently. In the meantime, my bicycle and my Nepalese Martini Henry Gahendra remain disassembled and awaiting further attention...

John Thomas8

Post #4 by John Thomas8 » May 4th, 2013, 1:11 am

I like the quality of your work, it'd be rather interesting to watch your progress.

East of Here

Post #5 by East of Here » May 4th, 2013, 1:19 am

John Thomas8 wrote:I like the quality of your work, it'd be rather interesting to watch your progress.

Thus, the subforum request. I could port my old (in-progress) threads from the "other" forums to this one. And, add new ones as new projects are undertaken. I eventually want to work my way back to flintlocks. I have my eye on some "new" percussion rifle projects as we speak...

7rob7

Post #6 by 7rob7 » May 4th, 2013, 2:39 pm

I'm about to embark on a massive project building the puppets for my Henry Walker show next year: such a subforum would be a great place to post updates/photos of the progress.

Has my vote.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

East of Here

Post #7 by East of Here » May 4th, 2013, 9:09 pm

7rob7 wrote:I'm about to embark on a massive project building the puppets for my Henry Walker show next year: such a subforum would be a great place to post updates/photos of the progress.

Has my vote.

I'd be interested in seeing the process and the progress.

Bill Bryan

Post #8 by Bill Bryan » May 10th, 2013, 11:14 am

Sorry for the delay, super swamped lately. I demand a 30-hour day, 24 ain't cuttin' it.

If it needs sub-sub-forums, lemme know.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

Return to “Questions & Suggestions”