American Sniper

clando

American Sniper

Post #1 by clando » January 19th, 2015, 3:03 pm

Anyone had a chance to watch this movie? I saw it yesterday. It's not bad, but I don't know if it is equal to the hype.

One thing that does bother me about the movie is that much of it is fabricated. The initial scene and the protagonist (Syrian Sniper) are made up scenarios that did not occur. I would think that the reality of Chris Kyles life would have been interesting enough without having to hollywoodize everything. They could have easily made the war and its effect on Kyle the protagonist.

The same thing goes for the movie Lone Survivor, the battle scene at the end of the movie never occurred. Again it seemed like Hollywood had to create a protagonist and thus the end battle. All to me seems completely unnecessary.

optimusprime

Re: American Sniper

Post #2 by optimusprime » January 19th, 2015, 9:19 pm

I haven't seen it yet. Some friends and I may go next weekend as part of our pre-superbowl hype. I love a good movie.

Then again, we might see Selma. 'Till then, I'll continue to read reviews like yours, then decide to either see or wait for the DVD.

Bill Bryan

Post #3 by Bill Bryan » January 20th, 2015, 6:54 am

I saw a tweet: "American Sniper is the best movie ever made about patriotically shooting people in a country that never did attack us."

I think I'll skip it.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

skeptical

Post #4 by skeptical » June 28th, 2015, 9:51 pm

I read the book, but I haven't watched the movie. I would like to see it though. I think he was an admirable character, but his blind patriotism just doesn't appeal to me. But, I guess he did do a good job at what he was hired to do.

Return to “Film”