Blues legend B.B. King tells fans he's in hospice care

optimusprime

Blues legend B.B. King tells fans he's in hospice care

Post #1 by optimusprime » May 1st, 2015, 7:24 pm

Blues legend B.B. King is telling fans he's in hospice care at home in Las Vegas.

The 89-year-old musician posted thanks to fans on his official website Friday for well-wishes and prayers.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/breaking/ct-bb-king-hospice-20150501-story.html

[-o<
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~ Malcolm XImage

7rob7

Re: Blues legend B.B. King tells fans he's in hospice care

Post #2 by 7rob7 » May 1st, 2015, 8:36 pm

In sorta related news, Ben E. King -- Stand By Me, Spanish Harlem -- has passed.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

7rob7

Re: Blues legend B.B. King tells fans he's in hospice care

Post #3 by 7rob7 » May 15th, 2015, 6:42 am

Oh, Lucille, we're gonna miss you.

The Thrill Is Gone: Blues Legend B.B. King Dead At 89
Legendary American blues pioneer B.B. King passed away late Thursday night at the age of 89, USA Today reported.

Born Riley B. King in on a cotton plantation in Berclair, Mississippi, in 1925, King began playing guitar at age 12 and started recording his music in 1949 with producer Sam Phillips who later founded Sun Records.

During his career he recorded a string of hits showing off his distinctive blues style, including “You Know I Love You,” “Woke Up This Morning,” “Every Day I Have the Blues”, “Sneakin’ Around,” “Bad Luck,” “Sweet Little Angel”, and ‘The Thrill Is Gone,” for which received a Grammy Award in 1970.

My sad is big.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

Return to “Music”