Meanwhile, Back at the Fount of Creation...

7rob7

Meanwhile, Back at the Fount of Creation...

Post #1 by 7rob7 » January 31st, 2016, 11:42 am

Hi.

Since it seems there might be fewer of those posters now who like to rip into these announcements as a way to acquire personal information they then turn around and attack me with, I'll mention quickly that the big puppet play adaptation I was working on 24/7 a couple of years ago is still in the works; just at a more sane pace as I try to find a producer to shoulder some of the business stuff that ate all my creative time and energy. Tentatively looking at a fall, 2017 opening.

Meanwhile, am in the early stages (haha) of collaboration on a dance/theatre piece -- I'm doing the theatre; she's doing the dance -- that's looking to be something very fun (and not entirely in my lap.) ('Though after we cast the dancers, my lap may very well be exactly where I want them.)

Thanks. Feels good to be able to share things that are important to me without the dread that doing so had acquired.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

Bill Bryan

Re: Meanwhile, Back at the Fount of Creation...

Post #2 by Bill Bryan » February 1st, 2016, 7:15 am

If the peeps at Fogbow had any idea what you do, they'd be amazed and amazingly supportive. At Fogbow, that's who we are, that's what we do. We support each other through thick and thin. It's a perfect, safe environment. I'm tellin' ya, Mr. 7. You really oughta show some of them your stuff. :-bd
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

7rob7

Re: Meanwhile, Back at the Fount of Creation...

Post #3 by 7rob7 » December 3rd, 2017, 10:40 am

Interesting how things shift... the mega-puppet piece has evolved into a film project -- needs no puppeteers, which was always the sticking point -- while the dance/theatre piece went up and down a couple of weeks ago. (Got sandwiched into the week before Thanksgiving, so by the time I was sure it was ok to talk about, it was over. Meh.)

Now, finally, I think I have time to start making puppets! The plan is to set up each frame of the film, shoot it like classic animation, then edit it into the finished form. THAT will be something to see.

Assuming the planet lasts that long...
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be; it's easy.

Return to “Theatre & Performance Arts”