FUCK GARY BETTMAN

janeybell

FUCK GARY BETTMAN

Post #1 by janeybell » September 14th, 2012, 10:32 am

So, it would seem that yet another NHL lockout will be made official on Saturday. So glad I've already paid for my season tickets in full. This complete and utter crap. I really want to say I'm done with the league and that I won't be back and blah, blah, blah, but I know it isn't true because I just love the game too much. I would really like to hope that folks in the NHL do realize that they are killing this sport. Lots of casual fans won't be back. Same can be said with business support. What a bunch of fucktards.

clando

Re: FUCK GARY BETTMAN

Post #2 by clando » September 14th, 2012, 1:27 pm

That's because it's about the business, not the sport. There isn't a lock out because of differences in the direction or development of the sport, it's all about the money.

John Thomas8

Post #3 by John Thomas8 » September 14th, 2012, 10:40 pm

The players aren't getting much help from the Canadian courts, either:

A ruling from the Quebec Labour Relations Board on Friday denied the NHL Players' Association's request for an immediate injunction against the lockout, although the board still plans to hear the case further.

The NHLPA is not recognized as a certified union under Quebec Labour law, which prompted the union to argue that any lockout imposed by the league would be unlawful.

The Oracle

Post #4 by The Oracle » September 17th, 2012, 10:06 am

Since the Hurricant's play absolutely horrible in October and November; you should be happy!

They'll end the lock-out about the same time as the Hurricanes.... ummm..... can't get on the golf links anymore.

[-X

John Thomas8

Post #5 by John Thomas8 » September 18th, 2012, 7:05 am

"The NHL owners really aren't that stupid. They're just not afraid of the fans. They don't even respect them. In their eyes, the fans are simply ATMs with arms and legs"

The Oracle

Post #6 by The Oracle » September 18th, 2012, 7:45 am

Hey.... don't forget about $1 hot dog nights! The owners do throw us a bone once in a while. Why for just for the price of admission... $75... I can go and get me some weenies for a buck. ;)

John Thomas8

Post #7 by John Thomas8 » September 18th, 2012, 7:55 am

Or season tickets in the nose-bleed seats for $10/game. Plus parking. And if you watch the jumbotron you can even see the puck.

Bill Bryan

Post #8 by Bill Bryan » September 19th, 2012, 5:05 am

I can't be a fan of a game I never played as a young boy. Makes me feel fake or sumptin'. YMMV, of course.
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

Return to “The 'Canes”