Eat in your car? KFC can help!

optimusprime

Eat in your car? KFC can help!

Post #1 by optimusprime » October 31st, 2013, 9:31 pm

KFC releases take-out combo meal containers that fit inside your car's cup holders

to KFC, only 33 percent of Americans use the holders for drinks, while 75 percent fill the cup holders with at least something.

Those not putting drinks inside are filling the void instead with loose change, phones and electronics, or just trash.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2gWqsFqAt

Bill Bryan

Re: Eat in your car? KFC can help!

Post #2 by Bill Bryan » November 1st, 2013, 7:45 am

I heard one time on NPR ( Image ) that what KFC sells is "a very very delicious chicken-flavored doughnut". :lol:
"My presidency is entering the fourth quarter. Interesting stuff happens in the fourth quarter."
- President Barack Obama

mariaporter

Post #3 by mariaporter » November 1st, 2013, 11:19 am

Great idea, but KFC . . .bleh! :sk:
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. Sell not liberty to purchase power." -- Benjamin Franklin

The Oracle

Post #4 by The Oracle » November 4th, 2013, 11:17 am

It's a pretty good idea.

We were regular KFC customers back in the 60-70's. Back when they still cut chicken up like your mom or granny would. Then some brilliant KFC business graduate decided to cut the chicken like a business school model said would be best. And the pieces shrunk.

That was enough for me. Popeyes and Church's Chicken are my favorites. Makes my mouth water just to think about them. Add a little of my hot peppers or their jalapeno's.... yum yum.

It's a fact.... Eating Popeyes or Church's in your car is basically impossible if you want to keep your clothes clean.

Who remembers the flip down "glove" compartment drink holders? Before the modern cup holders; plastic hump riders were available with little bean bag counterweights to sit down there.

clando

Post #5 by clando » November 4th, 2013, 2:18 pm

I had someone try telling me a while back that they couldn't use the name "Kentucky Fried Chicken" and had to use "KFC" because they used genetically modified chickens. They said they used chickens without beaks so they could crowd more of them into holding pens. I don't recall what else they said after that because I was laughing too hard at the ridiculousness of the claim.

Return to “N.C. Food & BBQ”